New Year' quotes to start the new year off with a bang. Why not print out a few and give them to each of your guests at your new years eve party. It may be helpful with their new year' resolutions.
We really hope our selection of new year' quotes come in hand and inspire you this new years.
1. Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours, and let each new year find you a better man. - Benjamin Franklin
2. The Old Year has gone. Let the dead past bury its own dead. The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time. All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months! - Edward Payson Powell
3. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. - Oprah Winfrey
4. We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. - Edith Lovejoy Pierce
5. One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things. - John Burroughs
6. New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions. - Mark Twain
7. An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. - Bill Vaughan
8. The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul. - G.K. Chesterton
9. Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instil in us. - Hal Borland
Free Inspiring Quotes By E-mail
Join thousands of people and receive one inspiring quotation delivered by e-mail daily!
Here are some users comments:-
"THESE quotes are seriously amazing! thank you so much for brightening my day everyday with these quotes. They keep me going when i am down,
and add on to when i am happy.... thanks!!!!"
"just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful quotes each and every day...Some days, it's the nicest thing I hear all day....Muah..."
You can STOP the inspirational quotation e-mails any time you like... ENJOY
10. A happy New Year! Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year. - Edgar Guest
11. We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. - Ellen Goodman
12. I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's. - Henry Moore
13. People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. - Author Unknown
14. Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go. - Brooks Atkinson
15. A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the other. - Author Unknown