Romeo and Juliet quotes from Shakespeare's famous play Romeo and Juliet.
Two households both alike in dignity, In fair Verona where we lay our scene. From forth the fatal loins of these two foes, A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life.
We hope you enjoy the selection of Romeo Juliet quotes below:
1. Is love a tender thing? it is too rough, too rude, too boisterous, and it pricks like thorn. - Romeo, Act I, Scene IV
2. But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun! - Romeo, Act II, Scene II
3. O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet. - Juliet, Act II, Scene II
4. What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other word would smell as sweet. - Juliet, Act II, Scene II
5. Good-night, good-night! Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say good-night till it be morrow. - Juliet, Act II, Scene II
6. Come, gentle night, - come, loving black brow'd night,
Give me my Romeo; and when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of Heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun. - Juliet, Act III, Scene II
7. For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo. - Prince, Act V, Scene III
8. A plague o' both your houses! - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
9. Romeo is banished,
There is no end, no limit, measure, bound,
In that word's death
No words can that woe sound. - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
10. Tis torture, and not mercy. Heaven is here
Where Juliet lives, and every cat and dog
And little mouse, every unworthy thing,
Live here in heaven and may look on her,
But Romeo may not. - Act III, Scene III
Free Inspiring Quotes By E-mail
Join thousands of people and receive one inspiring quotation delivered by e-mail daily!
Here are some users comments:-
"THESE quotes are seriously amazing! thank you so much for brightening my day everyday with these quotes. They keep me going when i am down,
and add on to when i am happy.... thanks!!!!"
"just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful quotes each and every day...Some days, it's the nicest thing I hear all day....Muah..."
You can STOP the inspirational quotation e-mails any time you like... ENJOY
11. Methinks I see thee, now thou art so low,
As one dead in the bottom of a tomb. - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
12. Is there no pity sitting in the clouds
That sees into the bottom of my grief?
O sweet my mother, cast me not away!
Delay this marriage for a month, a week,
Or if you do not, make the bridal bed
In that dim monument where Tybalt lies. - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
13. O woe! O woeful, woeful, woeful day!
Most lamentable day. Most woeful day
That ever, ever I did yet behold!
O day, O day, O day! O hateful day!
Never was seen so black a day as this.
O woeful day! O woeful day! - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
14. I dreamt my lady came and found me dead - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
15. Then I defy you, stars! - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
16. O my love, my wife!
Death, that hath suck'd the honey of thy breath
Hath had no power yet upon thy beauty. - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
17. Tempt not a desperate man - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
18. A greater power than we can contradict
Hath thwarted our intents. - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
19. For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Juliet and her Romeo. - William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet
20. This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath,
May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet. - Juliet Act II, Scene II